For the purposes of this Agreement, ‘We’ and ‘Us’ refer interchangeably to Salable and any affiliates in Adaptavist Group.
The terms below shall have the following meanings:
2.1 "Personal Data Breach," "Controller," "Processor", "Data Subject", "Personal Data", "Processing," "Special Category Data", and "appropriate technical and organisational measures” as used in this Policy shall have the meanings given in the GDPR irrespective of whether GDPR, UK GDPR, or U.S. Data Protection Law applies.
2.2 "Data Protection Law" means European Data Protection Law including UK GDPR and U.S. Data Protection Law that are applicable to the processing of Personal Data under this Policy.
2.3 "European Data Protection Law" means any data protection and privacy laws of Europe applicable to the Personal Data in question, including where applicable
2.3.1 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation)("GDPR"); (ii) Directive 2002/58/EC concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector; (iii) any applicable national implementations of (i) and (ii); (iv) the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act of 19 June 1992 and its Ordinance; and (v) in respect of the United Kingdom, the Data Protection Act 2018, UK GDPR and any applicable national legislation that replaces or converts in domestic law the GDPR or any other law relating to data and privacy as a consequence of the United Kingdom leaving the European Union; in each case as may be amended, superseded or replaced from time to time;
As part of the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Adaptavist have registered with the Data Commissioner in the United Kingdom and you can see our notification report on their website (after clicking the search link, enter "Adaptavist" as the name and click the ‘Search Register’ button).
Any information collected on behalf of Salable will be collected, stored and processed by Adaptavist within countries that comply with the GDPR. Primarily data is stored within UK / EU / USA data centers, all of which have the appropriate compliance frameworks – including support for GDPR.
Salable is committed to working with you to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations concerning the protection of Personal Data. Should you wish to exercise any of the rights outlined in this Policy, or have further queries with regards to this Policy, please contact us at contractual@Salable.app.
We may make certain software available for download on our websites and may link to software on other, third party websites. This software may be created by Salable, Adaptavist or by third party vendors. The software may be programmed to access our servers and/or third party servers in order for the software to operate and in order to check for program upgrades or enhancements. From time to time, new files may be added to your computer in order to upgrade the software or add new functionality to it. These changes may occur without notice to you. Use of such software will be governed by any associated or referenced terms and conditions, and instructions on uninstalling such software will similarly accompany or be referenced. In the event that such software is an Salable product, use of the product will be governed by a separate Salable End User License Agreement.
Our websites may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that We do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our websites. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Should any pages on any of our systems allow posting of comments, your username may be associated with any comments (except in areas where anonymous comments are permitted, your post and username will be displayed alongside those comments to anyone who has access to see them).
Salable reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, remove any content on its Websites.
Salable reserves the right to remove content and to remove any user's access to its Services for content which is offensive, abusive, provocative or for discriminatory language posted on or sent through our Services, at its sole discretion.
When you use our Services or have any Interactions with Us, We may collect data related to you, your use of Services, and Interactions. Broadly speaking, this data can be categorised as:
- Cookies and Pixels,
- Product Data (data generated through use of our products in various forms),
- Interaction data (data generated through interactions with us on phone, via email, via the website, or other means), and
- Transactional and Commerce Data (data generated through an actual order or sale of a product or service).
This data (which may include Personal Data) can be described in more detail as:
-Identification information, which may include name, email address, billing or shipping addresses, telephone numbers, screen names, user IDs (potentially with password). This might also include IP addresses;
- Commercial information, which may include payment or financial information which would be appropriately handled (for example through a third party payment platform);
- Technical platform information, which relates to the technical means by which you interact with us, such as operating system, web server type, browser type, or other information regarding your device;Web related information, including things such as referring domain;
- Activities related to your use of Services, including website use and records of actions and activities, including search, and communication preferences;
- Educational information, which includes your education history; gradesProfessional information, such as employer or organisational affiliation for a customer or partner; the contents of your resume;Geolocation data, which might be extrapolated from other data;
- Communication information, which may include audio, electronic, visual information, as well as any data in any files uploaded, emailed or otherwise provided, and the contents of your communications with us via email, social media, telephone or voice calls, or via whatever Interaction you participated in.
We collect data, including Personal Data, from a variety of sources depending on the nature of the Services you use or Interaction you have. Sources may include:
- Your direct submission: You may provide information to us via one of our Services or via Interactions. This may be unstructured information (such as that in an email) or a response to a survey, web-form, or other data gathering mechanism.
- This includes Personal Data (including for example, names and e-mail addresses) provided by You or your users or your customers using the Salable servicesIndirectly via your use:
- - We may collect information from you in the course of your using Services or our providing services to you. For example, We may observe your actions on one of our websites. From Third Parties: We may be provided, or collect, information from various third parties with whom we may contract, or share an integrated service, in connection with our Services. For example: third party vendors that help us build or supplement contact lists or information, for example webinar platforms or market intelligence providers;
and third parties that help us verify records or enrich information We capture about you;
and third party providers of services (such as online recruiting services) whereby information is sent to us automatically or via request;
and transactional information from third parties, including information regarding your purchases or evaluations of any of our Services.
To the extent permitted by law, We will use data provided, including Personal Data, to:Provide our Services, including their administration, operation and support, communications related to the Services, and commercial related aspects such as purchasing;Meet our legal and regulatory obligations, such as in the area of security;Carry out marketing including advertising of our Services, which may include passing your information to external social media platforms (see Marketing Providers) for profiling & deriving new target audiences to whom We may advertise on those platforms.
Please note:All marketing email communications from Salable shall provide the option to unsubscribe at any time.
With regards specifically to Personal Data, We will keep and process your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, unless We have a legal obligation to retain the data for a longer period.
Where We disclose Personal Data to third parties who act as a Processor, this data will be retained by the third party in accordance with our specific requirements.
In general, there are various people within the Adaptavist Group who may need access to the information that you provide us. They may need this for technical, commercial or compliance reasons, and this will be done in accordance with Adaptavist Group’s internal access control policy.
The information you provide to us will be held on our computers and may be accessed by or given to our staff, affiliates or subcontractors. You should be aware that the administrator of the Services may be able to:
- access information in and about your account;
- disclose, restrict, or access information that you have provided or that is made available to you when using your account, and;
- control how your account may be accessed or deleted.
Clients who purchase goods or services from Salable may be referenced in our promotional material and websites. We may identify you by name, trade name, logo and trademark. Should you not want to be listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use information you provide, including Personal Data, in conjunction with third parties, who may act as Sub-Processor of such data. See Salable Third Parties for more information.
Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
We collaborate with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customise, and support our Services.
We work with third-party service providers to enable us to further market and advertise our Services. In order to do this, We may provide them with Personal Data which will be processed in a manner compliant with the appropriate Data Protection Law. Marketing Providers may establish a profile of potential people to whom We might advertise, based on data We provide them. Marketing Providers may include, but are not limited to the following and any further third parties listed in section "Cookies and Pixels:"
Our products integrate with third parties products. We may share your information with these third parties in connection with their services, which will be described in relevant product documentation. Additionally, you may choose to make use of third-party add-ons in conjunction with Salable services (or independently). Third-party add-ons are software written by third-parties to which you grant access privileges to your content. We may also share information with these third parties where you have agreed to that sharing. Salable Integrated Partners may include, but are not limited to:
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect visitor behaviour information.When you visit our websites, or download our products, We collect information on usage from you automatically through cookies. First-party and third-party cookies are used to improve your online experience. Cookies allow you to log in to our systems, connecting various page views together into a session. When you use our products and services you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your name and contact details. We may also collect information about your usage, as well as information you provide during such usage. This includes using our websites, products and services, as well as any correspondence or communication you send.